Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Emma and Smudgy the Clown

Well, I've finally finished the last of the batch of Petite Poppets I started and her name is Emma.  She's a blue eyed girl with chestnut locks in organic wool.  Her little dress is made from Japanese cotton with a dear animal print and as usual I've embroidered her little felt shoes and undies.

I am going to take a bit of a break from sewing for a while and move on to something else.  I find I get very restless doing  the same things for too long, so it's time for a change until I get the urge to make dolls agian!

So, whilst browsing through the new issue of Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts, I came across a cute Lollipop Clown which I set about making.  Instead of using papier-mache, I chose to use paperclay and was quite happy with the results until, horror of horrors, I smudged his face in my eagerness to finish him!  Ooooh, what silly thing to do...  That'll teach me to wait till the paint dries!


Can you see that mess??  Oh well.... tomorrow I will attempt to fix him up and carry on.  He needs an antique stain all over, some glitter and I'm thinking he'll need a little bell to go with the silver and purple ribbon that I'll tie around his neck.  Lastly, I'll make a hanging hook and he'll be all ready for the Christmas tree!